When and how often should I clean out my koi pond?
The best time to clean out your Koi Pond is in the spring. Depending on your filtration system and the amount of water plants will determine how often you will need to clean out your pond. If the pond is left many years without a clean out it can turn into much more work than maintaining it every season. Black Brook Lawn & Landscaping
Things To Do To Keep My Pond Clean
- Cleaning your filters on a regular basis. Cleaning your koi pond filters weekly will help keep your pond clear all season, while benefiting future clean out labor.
- Net your pond in the fall. When the leaves start to fall laying a net across your koi pond will prevent leaves from sinking to the bottom and breaking down over the winter months.
- Algae Control. Algae can cause a lot of problems with your koi pond. We recommend an Ion Gen by Aquascape. Here is the link http://www.aquascapeinc.com/products/iongen
Pond Cleaning Cost
- Typically pond clean out cost between $1200 – $3000
What Determines the cost?
- The cost of cleaning a koi pond is determined by the size and the amount of debris. Ponds with aquatic plants that haven’t been cleaned for several years can fill a bottom solid with roots. This can be avoided by seasonal maintenance and splitting up plants.